The application package must include a completed application form. Upon receipt of the complete application package, students may be contacted for a personal interview. Students who are accepted into the program will be notified of acceptance within 2 weeks. Students are welcome to attend a student orientation session or to schedule a visit prior to classes.
Graduates of S.A.I.M. are expected to be skilled and ethical therapists, capable of complimenting the image of the Massage Therapy profession. Therefore, selection of students will be based upon - but not limited to - the following criteria:
- Personal motivation and goals
- Potential and physical ability to become an effective Massage Therapist
- Academic and financial readiness.
- Transcripts from Secondary or Post Secondary institutions readily available.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of those entrusted to our care, Southern Alberta Institute of Massage has the responsibility to confirm all students will provide satisfactory security documents as indicated by the Alberta Protection for Persons in Care Act.
A valid Criminal Records Check (CRC) will be required when you start your Practicum and also when you apply for registration after you graduate. The Criminal Record Check must:
- include a "vulnerable sector search", completed within the last thirty (30) days from jurisdictions within which you have resided for the last five (5) years.
- be verifiable as an original document, or electronic copy sent by an authorized third party provider. You will upload that document when you submit your application for registration with whichever institutional body you register with after graduation.
Any costs associated with the CRC are paid by the applicant. As processing times may vary between law enforcement offices, please ensure you allow enough time in obtaining your CRC as it may cause delays in the registration process.